This really got into my nerve the moment I was notified by this shocking news! The first thing that came to my mind is the fact that his baby is his own, not an agency. And because of countless parents who care much for themselves rather than their children, this has forced me to make a discussion about this report in order to raise an awareness, most especially for parents or guardians who are planning to name a child pretty soon.
You see, naming a child is exciting and fun, but let us all remember that for every action that we make has its own consequence. So, please make sure that whatever name you have decided would only bring pure goodness towards the person.
Without further ado, here are the following reasons on why you need to be extra careful in giving your child a name, regardless of the fact that we as parents have every right to do so.
Below are the 10 things that Real Talk has enlisted which will make a parent or guardian regret in giving a child such an awful name.
1. The fact that this father admitted that he thought the baby’s name sounded strange to him at first, but stated that he and his wife will be calling the baby Dinko as he grows up is already an indication that he knew to himself that it has never been a good idea. But since it has already been decided, he is trying to convince himself that it’s fine.
How totally ironic that he would be calling him in his nickname when in fact he has a name. Not just an ordinary name, but it’s his workplace. I could sense a denial that they are actually not comfortable in his given name. Does anyone agree with me?
2. The fact that your friends and family were not pleased with the baby’s name, and calling their child Dinko was their compromise means that something is not right.
Why there’s a need to compromise if both of them are totally okay with their child’s name? Do you get me?
3. Naming your child after your work means that you value your work more than your baby.
This baby would grow up to feel less valued.
4. Your child is a human being and not a thing. This only shows that this father doesn’t see his baby as his own flesh and blood, but rather as an object.
What else is more insulting in naming your child as a department? Right?
5. This young one will carry this name forever and for Christ sake, he doesn’t deserve to be laughed at or even got bullied.
Who else felt sorry for this little one?
6. The child will grow up to have a shameful name which will give him such a hard time in accepting this name as his own.
Who else have thought that this newborn child would hardly live a normal and peaceful life?
7. No one should seek their own good, but the good of others. (Corinthians 10:24)
It’s really obvious that this dad cares so much for his job that he has forsaken the child’s well-being.
To understand it better, here’s a brief definition of well-being.
Well-being is the experience of health, happiness and prosperity. It includes having good mental health, high life satisfaction, a sense of meaning or purpose, and ability to manage stress.
Do you all agree with me that this man have deprived his child in experiencing this kind of life?
8. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. (Psalm 119:36)
Hopefully, this 38 year old Indonesian man would come to his senses and stop paying tribute to his profession as a civil servant. Though, having a decent paying job is a nice thing…still your child should be your top priority.
Please think carefully about how your son would feel that he was named after your workplace. Does he deserve this kind of treatment?
Please be in the shoe of your son before taking action.
9. ” Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. ” – Oscar Wilde
See how this quote truly makes sense. That this poor child won’t be able to live in accordance to his will, only because someone thinks of himself, which is forgetting the fact that he has a son.
Can you see now how self-regarding this father was towards his own child?
10. “Manifest plainness,
Have few desires” – Lao Tzu
Sometimes, having too many desires has blinded people in determining what matters the most. Anything too much would never bring any good to a person.
In short, we are the only ones who’s making our lives complicated that we unconsciously forget that we have God and He alone can manipulate anything and everything that is happening around us.
How about you?
Will you also do the same for your own pride over your newborn child?
These are just some list of concerns that I want to address the public and I honestly know that there’s still plenty of it. If you wish to share or voice out something, feel free to leave a feedback in the comment section. Thanks!
Related: Baby Switch Can Also Happen To You
I know, the name can still be changed, but the trauma that the child will be going through is immeasurable. The pain, the insult, the shame, all the bad memories will not easily be forgotten. So, to all the expecting parents, please be more considerate before naming your child to whatever you have thought of.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to read and understand what my blog is all about. I really hope that you gained something in return. Kindly also share this with your family or friends to be guided. God bless and keep safe!
and a manager